Timber curtain wall
THERM+ H-V / H-I
The THERM+ timber curtain walls provide a thousandfold approved glazing technology for application on structural frames made of any timber based material from 50 mm width. For a sustainable and lasting function the consistent system design assures a strict separation between the structural and design levels made of timber and the functional components made of aluminium profiles gaskets.
is ideal for slim-line, economical curtain walls, with reduced interior gasket dimensions.
for curtain walls and sloped glass roofs with an inclination down to 2°, thus also ideal for any type of timber-aluminium conservatory.
THERM+ H-I Coupling mullion
An ideal aid for efficient assembly. Pre-fabricated frames can be finished in the workshop with split coupling mullions, base profiles, interior gaskets and glass supports. On site these frames are simply coupled, glazed and finished with pressure profiles.
THERM+ H-I Timber cover profiles
can be produced in a sustainable and dependable way with THERM+. The glazing technology is based on aluminium and EPDM components. The decorative timber profile is retained by a concealed profile.
|THERM+ H-V||THERM+ H-I|
|System width||50 / 56 / 76 / 96 mm||50 / 56 / 76 / 96 mm|
|For timber profiles from||50 mm width||50 mm width|
|Infill thickness||10 to 64 mm||4 to 64 mm|
|Glass weight||550/600 kg||550/600 kg|
|Drainage levels||2 or 3||2 or 3|
|Polygonal assembly||up to 45°||up to 45°|
|Glass roof||–||up to 2° inclination|
Approvals / certifications / CE-labelling
based on product standard for curtain walling EN 13830
|THERM+ H-V||THERM+ H-I|
(incl. screw influence)
|up to Uf = 0.80 W/(m²K)||up to Uf = 0.81 W/(m²K)|
|Wind resistance||2.5 / 3.75 kN/m²||2.5 / 3.75 kN/m²|
|Resistance against impact||interior I5, exterior E5||interior I5, exterior E5|
|Air permeability||AE (>600)||AE (>600)|
|Water tightness||RE 2,100||RE 2,100|
|Airborne sound insulation||-||Rw (C;Ctr) = 41 (-3; -7) db
Rw (C;Ctr) = 51 (-2; -4) db
|Fall protection (TRAV)||yes, without additional measures|
|German general approval||curtain wall system
|curtain wall system
|European Technical Approval||T-connector Z-9.1-621||T-connector Z-9.1-621|
The RAICO timber connector TC - technology in detail
The connectors between mullion and transoms on timber curtain walling must fulfil additional specific requirements. The dead load of the infill units is positioned in front of
the timber structure, and the connectors must compensate for this torsional effect in addition to wind pressure and suction forces:
- Two patented RAICO connector options:
SOLO and KOMBI for glass weights up to 481 kg.
- For THERM+ H-V / H-I.
- For transom depth from 60 up to 300 mm.
- Minimum preparation: rebated grooves at each end of the transom and drilled holes to both the mullion and transom.
- Simplified assembly: fix mullions, insert transom, secure transom with nail screws, finished.
- Automatic flush position of the transom due to the integrated stop device.
- Option to prefabricate into transportable units.
- Aesthetically correct joints due to T connector pressure across the profiles.
- Efficient heat insulation up to passive-house certification with Uf = 0.80 W/(m²K) (considering screw influence).
- Stepless thermal insulation by means of patented RAICO Insulation Block Technology.
- Two types of aluminium basic profiles to be screwed on: with or without guiding presser foot.
- Screw connection officially approved by building control authorities, for derived timber products with widths from 50 mm.
- Complete loads chain and glass load transfer approved by building control authorities.
- Quick and easy screwing of the basic profiles, suitable also for assembly with magazine-fed electric screwdrivers.
- No external components penetrate through to the timber frame.
- Integrated drainage system in continuous three levels gasket.